If you having a problem with air conditioner or when the left side is blowing cold and the passenger’s side is blowing hot (HVAC temperature inconsistent, you don’t have heat on the driver’s side) probably it’s time to check or replace the V158 or V107 Actuator for Temperature Flap (Air Recirculation Flap Positioning Motor) on VW Passat B6 2006-2010 or Passat B7.
Before you start removing the VW Passat B6 V158, V107 air recirculation flap positioning motor (or any other actuator V158, V107, V70, V113, V71, V425), first disconnect the negative terminal from the car battery. Then…
How do you know that your V158 air recirculation flap positioning motor needs replacement:
– you have to be sure that you don’t have to replace the heater core
– one of your fault code from your VCDS Scan Tool (or any other scan tool) is „01809 – Actuating Motor for Temperature Flap; Left (V159)” or ….V107
– when you turn the heat for both sides ON, on the left side is blowing could and the passenger’s side is blowing hot (HVAC temperature inconsistent, you don’t have heat on the driver’s side)
– you hear strange noises from behind the dashboard or HVAC
This is another proof that you have to replace the V158 Temperature Flap Motor from the VCDS scan tool.
If you want to buy a new V213 motor look for the serial number wich is: 3C1907511
– T20 & T15 Torx (or a 5.5 mm socket) – Find 12-Piece Magnetic Torx Screwdrivers Set HERE: https://amzn.to/2DJ8yZT
– flat blade screwdriver
– 10 mm socket or T30 Torx
– T15 Key Wrench Torx L Shape – Find the Star Key Wrench Set, 9-Piece T10-T50 Torx HERE: https://amzn.to/3n5AA3p
– 13 mm socket or wrench
HERE you can find Air Conditioning Resistance Sensor for repairing V159 motor: –- https://bit.ly/3DlPLzq
You can find electric motor for Servomotor V159, V158 HERE: https://bit.ly/407ZOlz
Working time: 6-8 hours
1. Lift the bonnet and disconnect the negative terminal from the car battery using a 10 mm socket
2. Remove the bolt from the driver side panel using a T20 Torx
Slide the driver’s seat all the way back to create more space to remove the driver side panel
There is a „hook” on the inside of the panel, that slide in towards the engine. After removing the screw, you can pull it backwards and down to get it out.
3. Remove those 3 bolts from the plastic panel under the pedals using a T20 Torx
4. Remove the plastic panel and take the OBD2 Dyagnose Port out using a flat blade screwdriver
5. Remove the dash storage from the left side
6. Remove the footwell distribution plastic thingy, by removing a single T20 screw
7. Remove the plastic cap from the heater core using a T15 Torx or a 5.5 mm socket
8. Discoonect the cables from the ECU Gateway controller and the squeeze those two tabs to remove it
9. Remove the first screw from the aluminium part using a 10 mm socket or a T30 Torx
10. Remove the second screw from the aluminium part using a 10 mm socket or a T30 Torx
11. Remove the only screw from that iron piece using a 13 mm socket or wrench and take it out
12. Remove the 3th and 4th screws from the aluminium part from the upper side using a 10 mm socket or a T30 Torx
13. Remove the plastic clamp from the aluminium part using a flat blade screwdriver
Use a flat blade screwdriver to create a little bit of space to take that piece from the aluminium part out
14. Remove the aluminium part
Now you can see the V158 & V107 Left Temperature Door Motors. The V158 motor has 2 screws and the V107 has 3 screws.
15. Remove the first screw from the V158 motor using a T15 Torx or a 5.5 mm socket
16. Disconnect the power cable to create more space to remove the second screw
17. Remove the V158 motor and then rotate it to remove it from that plastic arm
You can remove the V107 motor using the same T15 Torx or a 5.5 mm socket for those 3 screws.
Install all the parts back in reverse order of removal.
See More Products for VW Passat HERE:
– Heater Blower Motor Air Conditioning HVAC Front for VW Golf Mk5, Jetta, Passat B6, Rabbit, Tiguan: https://amzn.to/3fGCq6T
– 1K0905851B Ignition Starter Switch Steering Lock for A3 TT VW Golf Jetta MK5 MK6 Eos Tiguan Ignition Key Lock Cylinder: https://amzn.to/3f3nobq
– Auto Light Sensor Headlight Switch (Coming Leaving Home Retrofit Module) with for VW Golf 5/6, Passat B6, B7, CC, Scirocco, EOS, Touran, Tiguan, T6: https://amzn.to/3RfrgK9
– RCD330G Plus CarPlay App 6.5″ MIB Car Radio for Golf 5 6 Jetta CC Tiguan Passat Polo: https://amzn.to/3fy6OAg
If you have any suggestions about new tutorials, let us know in the comments section!
If you enjoyed this video tutorial, make sure to give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends.
Check these VIDEO TUTORIALS for VW Passat: