Here is a video tutorial with removing and installing Indirect Ventilation Flap Control Motor V213 & V70 on VW Passat B6, B7, CC, Tiguan, Touran, Skoda Octavia 2, 3, Seat Leon, Audi etc. in 16 steps.
If your car has problems with air conditioner and I mean that you don’t have heat on the center air vent and front windshield doesn’t defrost (HVAC temperature inconsistent) probably it’s time to check or replace the V213 or V70 Actuator for Temperature Flap (Air Recirculation Flap Positioning Motor). This is available for cars like: VW Golf Mk6, Mk7, Jetta, Passat B6, Passat B7, CC, Tiguan, Touran, Eos, New Beetle, Scirocco, Touareg, Transporter, Skoda Octavia 2, Octavia 3, Superb, Seat Leon, Altea, Audi A3, A4, A6, A8, R8, etc.
ATTENTION! According to VW Service and Repair Manual, to remove the V213 & V70 you need to take the dash panel out first. But we tried without removing the dash panel and it works. So, watch this video tutorial carefully and then you can decide if you want to try this procedure or not.
How do you know that your V213 & v70 air recirculation flap positioning motorS needs replacement:
– you have to be sure that you don’t have to replace the heater core
– one of your fault codes from your VCDS Scan Tool (or any other scan tool) is „00041-Indirect Ventilation Flap Motor V213” or „01272 – Positioning Motor for Central Flap (V70)”
– when you turn the heat in your car and you don’t have heat on the center air vent and blowing heat on the windshield doesnt defog it (HVAC temperature inconsistent) probably it’s time to check or replace the V213 or V70 Actuator for Temperature Flap (Air Recirculation Flap Positioning Motor)
– you hear strange noises from behind the dashboard or HVAC
Using a VCDS scan tool show’s you the error with the V213 Temperature Flap Motor.
– T20 & T15 Torx (or a 5.5 mm socket) – Find 12-Piece Magnetic Torx Screwdrivers Set HERE: https://amzn.to/2DJ8yZT
– flat blade screwdriver: https://amzn.to/3Q8WUYA
– T15 Key Wrench Torx L Shape – Find the Star Key Wrench Set, 9-Piece T10-T50 Torx HERE: https://amzn.to/3n5AA3p
– Trim tool set: https://amzn.to/3uy4FMd
Working time: 3-4 hours
Before you start removing the V213, V70 air recirculation flap positioning motor (or any other actuator V158, V107, V113, V71, V425, V159), first disconnect the negative terminal from the car battery.
1. Lift the bonnet and disconnect the negative terminal from the car battery using a 10 mm socket
2. Remove those two interior trims from the dash using a trim tool to protect the surfaces
3. Remove the plastic frame from the instrument cluster using a trim tool
4. Remove the plastic frame from the radio unit and disconnect the Airbag Deactivation Warning Lamp connector
5. Remove the T20 Torx screw
6. Remove the T20 Torx screw from the right side
7. Remove the light switch
You have to put the siwtch on the Zero position and then push it, rotate it to the Auto position and then take it out
8. Disconnect the cables from the back
9. Remove those 3 T20 Torx screws
10. Remove the plastic cover from the fuse box and unscrew those 2 T20 Torx bolts
Pull the steering wheel towards you and then pull it down to create more space to remove the instrument cluster
11. Pull the plastic out and the pull it down to have acces at those two bolts from the instrument cluster
12. Remove those two T20 Torx screws
13. Remove the instrument cluster and disconnect the cables from the back
14. Remove those 3 bolts from the V213 motor using a T15 Torx
15. Disconnect the cables from the V213 motor
Also you can disconnect the cables after you remove the V213 motor.
16. Pull from the V213 motor on the left side to remove it.
If you want to buy a new V213 motor look for the serial number wich is: 3C0907511
Install all the parts back in reverse order of removal.
If you have any suggestions about new tutorials, let us know in the comments section!
If you enjoyed this video tutorial, make sure to give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends.
Check these VIDEO TUTORIALS for VW Passat: