TUTORIAL: How to remove Instrument Cluster on Volkswagen Passat B6, CC (2006-2010) in 13 easy steps
Here is a video tutorial with removing or replacing Instrument Cluster (speedometer) on Volkswagen Passat B6 & CC (2006-2010) in 13 easy steps.
– T20 Torx (Find 12-Piece Magnetic Torx Screwdrivers Set HERE: https://amzn.to/2DJ8yZT)
– trim tool: https://amzn.to/3uy4FMd
Working time: 30 minutes.
Before you start removing Volkswagen Passat B6 & CC instrument cluster, first disconnect the negative terminal from the car battery.
1. Lift the bonnet and disconnect the negative terminal from the car battery using a 10 mm socket
2. Remove those two interior trims from the dash using a trim tool to protect the surfaces
3. Remove the plastic frame from the instrument cluster using a trim tool
4. Remove the plastic frame from the radio unit and disconnect the Airbag Deactivation Warning Lamp connector
5. Remove the T20 Torx screw
6. Remove the T20 Torx screw from the right side
7. Remove the light switch
You have to put the siwtch on the Zero position and then push it, rotate it to the Auto position and then take it out
8. Disconnect the cables from the back
9. Remove those 3 T20 Torx screws
10. Remove the plastic cover from the fuse box and unscrew those 2 T20 Torx bolts
Pull the steering wheel towards you and then pull it down to create more space to remove the instrument cluster
11. Pull the plastic out and the pull it down to have acces at those two bolts from the instrument cluster
12. Remove those two T20 Torx screws
13. Remove the instrument cluster and disconnect the cables from the back.
Earn more MONEY! Yes, it is possible! You can put your money to work smart for yourself. From tomorrow. How? Learn HERE!
If you have any suggestions about new tutorials, let us know in the comments section!
Check these VIDEO TUTORIALS for VW Passat:
How to fix or repair V159 / G220 / V158 actuator motor temperature flap control HVAC with only 3-4 euros!
How to remove V159 Air Recirculation Flap Positioning Motor on VW Passat B6 2006-2010 in 16 steps!
How to remove V158 & V107 Air Recirculation Flap Positioning Motor on VW Passat B6 2006-2010, B7 in 17 steps!
How to remove / replace headlight bulb H7 low beam on VW Passat B6 3C (2006-2010) in 8 steps!
How to Install USB Ports on VW Passat B6, CC, Tiguan, Scirocco in 11 steps!
How to activate Auto Folding Side Mirrors on VW Passat B6, CC in 3 steps!
Phone charger or cigarette lighter / 12V socket not working. Fuse replacement on VW Passat B7!