If you want to replace key ignition lock housing on VW Golf Mk4, Jetta you just have to look at this video tutorial to learn how to do it in just 10 simple steps.
HERE you can find Steering Lock Housing & Ignition / Starter Switch 4B0 905 849 for Audi A4, A6, VW Jetta MK4, Golf MK4, Passat B5: https://bit.ly/320vZq4
– a ratchet
– 13 mm socket
– 8 mm socket
– 10 mm socket or wrench
– flat blade and thin screwdriver
– 4 mm inbus
Before you start from this point showed in the video, you have to remove first:
– steering wheel airbag
– steering wheel
– the upper and lower covers onto the steering wheel column
– clock spring airbag
Don’t forget to disconnect the negative terminal from the battery car!
1. Remove the plastic part from the steering column using the pilers or a flat screwdriver
2. Remove the cables from the ignition lock housing
Remove the steering cloumn on VW Golf Mk4, Jetta
3. Remove those two bolts using a 13 mm socket
4. Remove the 13 mm screw from the power steering gear box
5. Disconnect the cables from the wiper and turn signal arms
6. Disconnect the cable from the ignition lock cylinder immobilizer antenna
7. Loose the bolt from the signal and wiper arms using a 4 mm inbus and then take them out from the steering column
8. Remove the 8 mm nut
9. Remove the 13 mm bolt using a 13 mm socket and a 10 mm socket
10. Remove those two bolts from the ignition lock housing
You can use a screw extractor or you can use a hammer and a cold chisel (like us) to unscrew those two bolts.
See More Products for VW Golf 4, Mk4, Bora, Jetta HERE:
– 12-Piece Magnetic Torx Screwdrivers Set, Security Tamper Proof: https://amzn.to/36xs4T8
– Actuator Door Lock Module from HERE: https://amzn.to/3cjNi95
– Window Panel Switch for VW Golf Mk4 (2-door model): https://amzn.to/3buq1kM
– 5 Speed Manual Gear Shifter Knob for VW MK4 GOLF/Jetta/Bora: https://amzn.to/2XPq2f1
– Cool White Interior LED Kit + Installation for Volkswagen Golf Mk4: https://amzn.to/2XOeZmg
– Sequential LED Side Indicator for VW Golf MK4/Jetta/Bora: https://amzn.to/2RUzBp7
– Front Headlight Eyelids for VW Golf 4 Golf4 MK4 1997-2003: https://amzn.to/2Y9Zk0r
HERE you can find All-Included Pre-Built Bundles HELIOS is 100% plug and play on almost every car: https://bit.ly/2X27W8H
Get the best car wax sprays, ceramic coatings and DIY car detailing products (manufactured in the USA) at a fraction of the price: https://bit.ly/3ecVWHg
Everyone at Wurzel Performance prides themselves in the quality of the products and services they provide: https://bit.ly/2TBLIZ2
Here you can find LED Indicator Lights and Brake Turn Signal Lights for you car: https://bit.ly/3c4nJIq
If you enjoyed this video tutorial, make sure to give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends.
If you have any suggestions about new tutorials, let us know in the comments section!
See also the other VIDEO TUTORIALS for VW Golf Mk4: