In this video tutorial we’ll show you how to install LED Dynamic Blinker Side Mirror Sequential Indicator Turn Signal Light (with blue light) for Volkswagen VW Golf 6, MK6, GTI, R line, R20, Touran (2011-2015) in just 29 simple steps.
LED Dynamic Blinker Side Mirror Sequential Indicator Turn Signal Light for VW Golf 6, MK6, GTI, R line, R20, Touran (2011-2015): https://bit.ly/3cuFbZU
Under Side Mirror Light Puddle Lamp for VW Golf 6 GTI Cabriolet Passat B7 Touran LED Courtesy Light: https://bit.ly/2ObMs7S
VCDS / VAGCOM interface for VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat: https://bit.ly/3cBWbxH
– VCDS / VAGCOM cable: https://bit.ly/3cBWbxH
– T20 & T30 & T40 (or M8 triple square bit) Torx: https://amzn.to/3cxiqVg
– Trim tool: https://amzn.to/39ri6Wk
– Flat blade screwdriver: https://amzn.to/3fuAxgu
– Heat gun: https://amzn.to/3dbykUk
– Soldering gun: https://amzn.to/39q2Qc6
– Cutter knife: https://amzn.to/2Pa8UPf
– Genuine Repair Wire for VW, Audi, Skoda Golf, Passat: https://bit.ly/3svo93B
– Heat Shrink Tubing: https://amzn.to/3rAeOX4
– Solder wire: https://amzn.to/3u9l35U
1. Remove the glass mirror using both hands
2. Disconnect the cables from the mirror glass
3. Remove those two screws using a T20 Torx
You don’t need to remove the power mirror motor!
4. Remove the mirror cover from the clips
5. Remove the black cover
6. Remove the black cover (with the blinker) from the lower side of the mirror
7. Disconnect the cable from the blinker
So, if you can see that our VW Golf Mk6 doesn’t have Puddle Lights so we’ll install new ones.
If your car has Puddle Lights then you don’t need to connect the VW repair wire to the door connector wich you’ll see in the next steps.
8. Remove the door panel using a trim tool to tak!
9. Remove those 3 bolts using a T30 Torx
10. Remove the T30 bolt from the lower side of the door
11. Remove the door panel starting from the bottom and the lift it up to take it out from the window frame
12. Disconnect all the cables and wires from the door panel
13. Disconnect the cable from the tweeter
14. Remove the tweeter pulling it out
15. Remove the mirror bolt using a M8 triple square bit or a T40 Torx
16. Remove the wing mirror arm from the door
17. Take the Volkswagen repair wire and route it along the small connector with red lock
18. Remove the small connector with the red lock and take the housing out
19. Insert the VW repair wire into slot 10
Keep the wire organised on the door.
20. Install the wing mirror arm
21. Connect the cables from the new dynamic blinker housing
22. Install the dynamic blinker housing on the mirror arm
23. Install the Puddle Light
You can use silicone to seal the Puddle Light to the lower mirror cap.
24. Solder the VW repair wire (brown cable) to the heating wire (“minus”) and to the Puddle Light wire (red cable)
You can cover the wires in shrink tubing.
25. Solder the Puddle Light wire (black cable) to the “negative” heating wire (blue with black cable)
We extended the “negative” Puddle Light wire (black cable) because it was to short.
26. Install the black part
27. Use a VCDS cable to activate “Ambient Mirror Illumination installed” function following the next steps
For the left side mirror: Select Control Module / 42-Door Elect, Driver / Coding-07 / Coding Helper / Byte 2 and select “Ambient Mirror Illumination installed” / Exit / Do it! / Ok / Close Controller, Go Back – 06
For the right side mirror: Select Control Module / 52-Door Elect, Pass. / Coding-07 / Coding Helper / Byte 2 and select “Ambient Mirror Illumination installed” / Exit / Do it! / Ok / Close Controller, Go Back – 06 / Go Back / Exit.
28. Connect the white cover
29. Connect the heating cables to the mirror glass and place it back
If you enjoyed this video tutorial, make sure to give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends.
If you have any suggestions about new tutorials, let us know in the comments section!
See more VIDEO TUTORIALS for Volkswagen Golf Mk6 / Touran:
HERE you can find All-Included Pre-Built Bundles HELIOS is 100% plug and play on almost every car: https://bit.ly/2X27W8H
Get the best car wax sprays, ceramic coatings and DIY car detailing products – manufactured in the USA by professional detailers for car enthusiasts and everyday drivers alike. These easy to use detailing products will give your vehicle the same high gloss shine and lasting top coat protection at a fraction of the price: https://bit.ly/3ecVWHg
Everyone at Wurzel Performance prides themselves in the quality of the products and services they provide: https://bit.ly/2TBLIZ2
Here you can find LED Indicator Lights and Brake Turn Signal Lights for you car: https://bit.ly/3c4nJIq