In Episode 2 you are going to see how to fix electronic portion from door lock module on VW Golf Mk4, Golf Mk5, Bora, Passat B5, B5.5, Polo, Sharan, Skoda Octavia 1, Octavia 2, Fabia, Superb, Audi A3, TT, A4 B5, Seat Leon, Ibiza, Toledo, etc.
If you have problems with the microswitch from the mechanical portion, I recommend to see the Episode 1.
The price for a new microswitch is between 3-5 euros.
You can find a new microswitch at the BEST PRICE HERE: http://bit.ly/3tg6LRc
HERE you can find Soldering Iron Kit: https://amzn.to/3tlJv4c
– T20, T10 / T8 Torx (Find 12-Piece Magnetic Torx Screwdrivers Set HERE: https://amzn.to/2DJ8yZT)
– flat blade screwdriver
– Digital Multimeter, Volt Ohm Amp Meter, Voltage Tester: https://amzn.to/2WetoGy
– low-wattage soldering iron (HERE you can find Soldering Iron Kit: https://amzn.to/3tlJv4c)
– solder (You can find Solder HERE: https://amzn.to/3tyTF1E)
1. Remove the spring using a flat blade screwdriver
2. Remove those two bolts using a T20 & T10 Torx
3. Unclip those two clips from the side
4. Pull that lever and separate the mechanical portion from the electric portion
5. Remove those 6 bolts using s T10 Torx from the eletric portion
Remove those plastic parts from inside the electric portion and then remove the circuit board. Now, you can see that are 4 microswitches inside.
One of them is activated when you move up and down that white slide. So when you lock the door, the switch is off, and when the door are unlocked, the switch is activated (put a signal on the door lock module that the door is unlocked.
There is two microswitches on that slot and when you put your key in the lock cylinder and turn the key this is gonna turn and it will activated one of
that switch (put a signal on the door lock module that the door is unlocked or unlocked).
6. Remove the cap and take the circuit board out.
Use a flat blade screwdriver to remove the circuit board. Remove the electric motor and be sure that is fully functional. Don’t lose that plastic ring from the electric motor.
Then check all the microswitches and see if it’s working.
The solder joints that connect the leads in the harness to the printed circuits for the microswitches tend to crack over time, resulting in either an intermittent or no connection.
The main reason why door lock modules isn’t working is due to poor soldering of the contacts between the pins on the lock modules electrical harness connector and the printed circuit board in the lock module.
To fix it, you just have to use a low-wattage soldering iron and some solder, and you need to remelt the solder joints to reestablish the connection and then add a small amount of solder to beef up the connection.
After you fix the circuit board, you can put all the parts back in the electrical portion.
See More Products for VW Golf 4, Mk4, Bora, Jetta HERE:
– 12-Piece Magnetic Torx Screwdrivers Set, Security Tamper Proof: https://amzn.to/36xs4T8
– Actuator Door Lock Module from HERE: https://amzn.to/3cjNi95
– Window Panel Switch for VW Golf Mk4 (2-door model): https://amzn.to/3buq1kM
– 5 Speed Manual Gear Shifter Knob for VW MK4 GOLF/Jetta/Bora: https://amzn.to/2XPq2f1
– Cool White Interior LED Kit + Installation for Volkswagen Golf Mk4: https://amzn.to/2XOeZmg
– Sequential LED Side Indicator for VW Golf MK4/Jetta/Bora: https://amzn.to/2RUzBp7
– Front Headlight Eyelids for VW Golf 4 Golf4 MK4 1997-2003: https://amzn.to/2Y9Zk0r
HERE you can find All-Included Pre-Built Bundles HELIOS is 100% plug and play on almost every car: https://bit.ly/2X27W8H
Get the best car wax sprays, ceramic coatings and DIY car detailing products – manufactured in the USA by professional detailers for car enthusiasts and everyday drivers alike. These easy to use detailing products will give your vehicle the same high gloss shine and lasting top coat protection at a fraction of the price: https://bit.ly/3ecVWHg
Everyone at Wurzel Performance prides themselves in the quality of the products and services they provide: https://bit.ly/2TBLIZ2
Here you can find LED Indicator Lights and Brake Turn Signal Lights for you car: https://bit.ly/3c4nJIq
If you enjoyed this video tutorial, make sure to give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends.
If you have any suggestions about new tutorials, let us know in the comments section!
See also the other VIDEO TUTORIALS for VW Golf Mk4: