In this first episode I will show you how to repair the door lock module of the following models: VW Golf 4, Bora, Passat B5, B5.5, Polo, Sharan, Skoda Octavia 1, Octavia 2, Fabia, Superb, Audi A3, TT, A4 B5, Seat Leon, Ibiza, Toledo, etc.
Specifically, I’ll show you how to replace the microswitch or the door lock sensor that is located in the mechanical portion of the lock module and is connected to the electronics portion by the red and blue wires. This microswitch detects whether the door is open or closed by monitoring the position of the latch mechanism.
If your door lock module has no problems with this microswitch or sensor, then I recommend you watch Episode 2 in which I’ll show you what should you replace or fix on the door lock module.
The price for a new microswitch is between 3-5 euros.
You can find a new microswitch at the BEST PRICE HERE: http://bit.ly/3tg6LRc
HERE you can find Soldering Iron Kit: https://amzn.to/3tlJv4c
In this video tutorial I used a door lock module that fits for VW Golf Mk4, Mk5, Jetta, Passat B5, B5.5, Polo, Sharan, Skoda Octavia 1, Octavia 2, Fabia, Superb, Audi A3, TT, A4 B5, Seat Leon, Ibiza, Toledo from the passenger side.
There is a problem with the microswitch when:
– the central locking is not working properly – (check the microswitch from the driver’s door lock module, the car still re-locks itself even if you open the door)
– the interior lights will not turn on while you are opening the door
– the door warning lights will not turn on while you are opening the door
– the audible warning it’s not working when you are forgetting the headlights on (faulty switch on the driver’s door lock module)
– the indicator light on the dashboard, which shows that the doors are open, no longer lights up
– only on petrol models, the switch on the driver’s door lock can start to prime the fuel pump when the door is opened
– if the comfort module does not receive confirmation from the switch that the door has been opened, the car can lock the doors with the key forgotten inside the car
- T20, T10 / T8 Torx (Find 12-Piece Magnetic Torx Screwdrivers Set HERE: https://amzn.to/2DJ8yZT)
- flat blade screwdriver
- low-wattage soldering iron (HERE you can find Soldering Iron Kit: https://amzn.to/3tlJv4c)
- solder (You can find Solder HERE: https://amzn.to/3tyTF1E)
1. Remove that cable using a flat blade screwdriver
2. Remove that part away from the microswitch using a flat blade scrwdriver
3. Use a flat blade screwdriver to remove the microswitch pulling it inside (on other models you can use a cutter)
Sometimes, you can just clean the microswitch and that’s it. It will work. Sometimes you have to replace it with a new one.
This microswitch detects whether the door is open or closed by monitoring the position of the latch mechanism.
4. You can cut those red and blue wires from the switch or you can remove it from the circuit board using a low-wattage soldering iron and some solder and replace the old microswitch with a new one.
If you don’t want to cut the wires from the old microswitch, you’ll have to disassemble (see Episode 2) the lock module and resoldering the wires from the new microswitch.
See More Products for VW Golf 4, Mk4, Bora, Jetta HERE:
– 12-Piece Magnetic Torx Screwdrivers Set, Security Tamper Proof: https://amzn.to/36xs4T8
– Actuator Door Lock Module from HERE: https://amzn.to/3cjNi95
– Window Panel Switch for VW Golf Mk4 (2-door model): https://amzn.to/3buq1kM
– 5 Speed Manual Gear Shifter Knob for VW MK4 GOLF/Jetta/Bora: https://amzn.to/2XPq2f1
– Cool White Interior LED Kit + Installation for Volkswagen Golf Mk4: https://amzn.to/2XOeZmg
– Sequential LED Side Indicator for VW Golf MK4/Jetta/Bora: https://amzn.to/2RUzBp7
– Front Headlight Eyelids for VW Golf 4 Golf4 MK4 1997-2003: https://amzn.to/2Y9Zk0r
HERE you can find All-Included Pre-Built Bundles HELIOS is 100% plug and play on almost every car: https://bit.ly/2X27W8H
Get the best car wax sprays, ceramic coatings and DIY car detailing products – manufactured in the USA by professional detailers for car enthusiasts and everyday drivers alike. These easy to use detailing products will give your vehicle the same high gloss shine and lasting top coat protection at a fraction of the price: https://bit.ly/3ecVWHg
Everyone at Wurzel Performance prides themselves in the quality of the products and services they provide: https://bit.ly/2TBLIZ2
Here you can find LED Indicator Lights and Brake Turn Signal Lights for you car: https://bit.ly/3c4nJIq
If you enjoyed this video tutorial, make sure to give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends.
If you have any suggestions about new tutorials, let us know in the comments section!
See also the other VIDEO TUTORIALS for VW Golf Mk4: