You keep accidentally hitting the Voice Command button on the VW steering wheel? We have the solution. In this video tutorial we are
going to show you how to disable Voice Command (PTT) steering wheel button from VW Golf Mk6, Passat, Jetta, Tiguan, Touran, Scirocco, Polo,
etc. with VCDS (VAG COM) dyagnose you just have to follow 4 simple steps. Watch the video below.
– a VCDS / VAG COM dyagnose
– a laptop
We are going to disable the Voice Command button and replace it with “mute” function.
1. Start the engine or turn the key in the second position
2. Plug in the VCDS cable and start the software already installed on your laptop
Select “Options” and select USB / TEST / OK / SAVE
3. Click on “Select Control Module / 16-Steering wheel / Coding-07 / Long Coding Helper
4. Select Byte 1 and cancel “Multi-Function Steering Wheel (MFSW) with Push-to-Talk (PTT) Button Installed” function.
Close the window then click on “Do it!” / Yes / Ok / Go back / Exit.
See also these VIDEO TUTORIALS using VCDS (VAGCOM) diagnostic cable: