Watch this video tutorial to see how to remove / replace steering wheel on Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 in just 6 simple steps.
– a flat blade screwdriver
– a 10 mm socket
– a ratchet
– a 21 mm socket
Before removing the steering wheel airbag, disconnect the terminals (from the battery) first. Then…
1. Remove those two plastic caps to reveal the bolts
Remove the key from the ignition to lock the steering wheel
2. Remove two 10 mm bolts
3. Remove the airbag and remove the cables from the back using a flat blade screwdriver
4. Remove the cables using a flat blade screwdriver
5. Remove the bolt from the center using a 21 mm socket
6. Remove the steering wheel.
Check out more useful tutorials for Mazda: