Here is a video tutorial on how to change or replace Clock Spring Airbag (steering wheel position sensor) on Volkswagen Passat B6, B7, CC, B8 (2006-2023), Golf 7, 8, Scirocco, Polo, Tiguan, Sharan, Touran, Caddy in 14 easy steps.
HERE you can find VW Passat B6, B7, Golf Mk7, Tiguan, Touran Accessories at THE BEST PRICE: https://bit.ly/3EyBZdf
– flat blade screwdriver: https://amzn.to/3thkKWs
– 10 mm wrench: https://amzn.to/45pWi7y
– ratchet: https://amzn.to/3wUiff8
– M12 Triple Square Bit (or Torx T55): https://amzn.to/48UK21W
– T20, T25, T15 Torx: https://amzn.to/45EBmK5
ATTENTION: In order not to produce a short-circuit if you inadvertently touch the car with different tools, first disconnect the negative terminal and then the positive terminal! And to the assembly new battery, first connect the negative terminal and then the positive terminal.
1. Insert the key in the ignition to unlock the steering wheel
2. Disconnect the battery terminals, starting first with the negative terminal
In order not to produce a short-circuit if you inadvertently touch the car with different tools, first disconnect the negative terminal and then the positive terminal.
3. Adjust the steering wheel towards you and then lift it up
4. Rotate the steering wheel at the 90 degrees to have access at the holes in the back and then stick a flat blade screwdriver and pull it up until the airbag is release from the metal clip
Here is the hole with the metal clip where you have to insert the screwdriver.
Insert the screwdriver just above that metal clip indicated with the red arrow.
5. Do the same with the other metal clip
Here is exatcly what I did: I insert the screwdriver over that metal clip and I lift the screwdriver up. I did the same with the other metal clip.
6. Pull the airbag out of the steerinng wheel and diconnect the wires
To remove that yellow harness, you just have to take that white part out using a flat blade screwdriver. Then you can remove the harness.
There is another harness that you have to remove it.
There are some cables on the airbag that you have to remove it if you want to.
To remove the yellow harness from the airbag, you just have to pull that red part out using a flat blade screwdriver and then remove the harness
Put the steering wheel in the normal position to be much easier to remove it and install it back in.
7. Take the key out from the ignition to lock the steering wheel
8. Remove the bolt from the steering wheel using a Torx Screwdriver Bits 12 Point Spline Bit M12 S2
You have to make sure that when you install the new steering wheel back in you have to line up those marks.
9. Remove the steering wheel
10. Remove the bolt from the underneath the steering wheel column using a T25 Torx
11. Separate those two plastic parts from the steering wheel column
12. Remove those two bolts using a T20 Torx
13. Disconnect all 4 harnesses from the clock spring airbag
To remove the yellow harness, you just have to slide that red piece down and then press on it to pull the harness down.
Remove those two white harnesses indicated with the red arrows.
14. Remove those 3 bolts from the clock spring using a T16 Torx and the take the clock spring out.
If you have any suggestions about new tutorials, let us know in the comments section!
See More Products for VW Passat HERE:
– Auto Light Sensor Headlight Switch (Coming Leaving Home Retrofit Module) with for VW Golf 5/6, Passat B6, B7, CC, Scirocco, EOS, Touran, Tiguan, T6: https://amzn.to/3JJqxiG
– Dyynamic Sequential Blink Compatible for VW Pasat CC B7 Beetle Scirocco Jetta MK6 LED Side Mirror Turn Signal Light Assembly: https://amzn.to/3HGUUng
– Original Waterproof for VW RCA Logo Emblem HD CCD Vehicle Car Rear View Backup Camera Reverse Parking for VW Golf 5/Golf 6 GTI TSI GTR Magotan Polo Passat B6 B7 Lamando GTS Phaeton CC (RCA): https://amzn.to/3I7PpQ1
– Carbon Fiber Side /Glossy Black Rearview Mirror Case Shell Mirror Covers for VW Passat B7 CC Jetta Scirocco 3C8857537, 3C885753: https://amzn.to/3lb5oU9
– Gear Shift Knob Ball Shifter Lever Handle Emblem Compatible with Volkswagen VW Golf 6 7 R GTI Passat B7 B8 CC R20 Jetta MK6 GL: https://amzn.to/3DKKd1K
Follow us on INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/service_tutorials/?hl=en
SUBSCRIBE our YOUTUBE channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwObVGIK_LGIYEoJxL6k-bg
Check these VIDEO TUTORIALS for VW Passat: