For someone who doesn’t know how to remove or replace DSG Automatic Gear Shift Knob Gaiter Boot on VW Golf 5, Passat B6 3C2, Jetta, Tiguan, Touran, Skoda Octavia 2, Yeti, Seat Leon, here is a video tutorial on how you can do that.
HERE you can find DSG Gear Shift Knob & Gaiter on VW Passat B6, Golf Mk5, Mk6, Tiguan, Touran, Skoda Octavia Mk2, Yeti, Seat Leon: https://amzn.to/3XHxBRw
HERE you can find DSG Gear Shift Knob & Gaiter on VW Passat B6, Golf Mk5, Mk6, Tiguan, Touran, Skoda Octavia Mk2, Yeti, Seat Leon: https://amzn.to/3id8w0r
HERE you can find DSG Gear Shift Knob & Gaiter on VW Passat B6, Golf Mk5, Mk6, Tiguan, Touran, Skoda Octavia Mk2, Yeti, Seat Leon: http://bit.ly/3B2S6yr
1. Open the ashtray and remove the plastic part from the DSG gear shift
Push the front part of the plastic inwards and then lift it up to pass the two front clips.
2. Lift the cover up and disconnect the cables from the plastic part
3. Use a thin screwdriver to unlock the plastic part from the DSG gear shift
Insert the screwdriver behind those two ears and widen them just a bit to lift it up.
4. Pull the cover back down and remove the plastic cap from the DSG knob with a trim tool
I will recommend to use a trim tool to protect the surfaces.
5. Move the DSG gear shifter from P (Parking) to N (Neutral) or D (Drive)
Check them both to see where the DSG gear knob button remain locked on outside.
6. Pull out the DSG gear knob button pushing it from the right side
You will need to pull the DSG knob button out until you see the metal piece inside the shifter drop off the blue shaft.
If the button does not stay locked on the outside, then you will need to use a thin and flat screwdriver to push that metal piece (indicated by the red arrow) out of the blue shaft.
7. Pull the DSG gear knob up
To detach the chrome piece from the gaiter, you just have to remove it from that 4 plastic clips.
To separate the gaiter from the gear knob, you just have to remove that plastic part using a flat blade screwdriver.
When refitting the gear shifter, follow the same steps as in reverse.
8. First install the plastic part from the gear knob
Push the gear knob button when you refit the gear knob on the blue shaft.
9. After you put the gear knob on the lever, then push the plastic part down
10. Connect the cables back to the chrome piece
11. Install the chrome piece back starting from the back and then on the front.
12. Place back the chrome cap from the DSG gear knob.
See More Products for VW Passat HERE:
–Power Window Master Control Switch, Headlight Rear View Mirror Knob Window Switch Kit for Volkswagen Mk5, Mk6 GTI, RABBIT B6 / 3C, PLUS, CC : https://amzn.to/3gw1MKJ
– Heater Blower Motor Air Conditioning HVAC Front for VW Golf Mk5, Jetta, Passat B6, Rabbit, Tiguan: https://amzn.to/3OE3q9q
– Car Door Lights for Volkswagen LED Car Door Logo HD Welcome Light for VW Passat B6 B7 CC Golf 6 7 MK5 MK6 Tiguan Scirocco: https://amzn.to/3u1f053
– Auto Light Sensor Headlight Switch (Coming Leaving Home Retrofit Module) with for VW Golf 5/6, Passat B6, B7, CC, Scirocco, EOS, Touran, Tiguan, T6: https://amzn.to/3EFkk3a
– RCD330G Plus CarPlay App 6.5″ MIB Car Radio for Golf 5 6 Jetta CC Tiguan Passat Polo: https://amzn.to/3fy6OAg
If you have any suggestions about new tutorials, let us know in the comments section!