TUTORIAL: How to replace VW Golf Mk4, Jetta, Bora Gear Shift (boot) Knob, Gaiter and Cap (Cover) in 11 steps
You don’t know how to replace VW Golf Mk4, Jetta, Bora Gear Shift (boot) Knob, Gaitor and Cap (Cover), watch the video tutorial below.
HERE you can find 5 Speed Car Gear Shift Knob Gaitor Boot with Leather Dustproof Cover Compatible with VW Golf Bora Jetta GTi MK4: https://amzn.to/3nhLP96
HERE you can find 5 Speed Gear Shift Knob Emblem Head Badge Cover for VW Golf Mk4, Jetta, Bora: https://amzn.to/3nqYLJP
Cosmic Space Shift Knob Compatible/Replacement for Manual 1999-Present VW MK4/MK5/MK6/MK7 Golf/GTI/Golf R/Jetta/GL: https://amzn.to/3gRoPv4
– flat blade screwdriver
– pincers or pliers (side cutters)
1. Take the old gear shift gaiter out
Pull and lift it up the gaiter to have acces at the clamp (metal clip).
2. Use a flat blade screwdriver to expand that metal clip or you can use a side cutters to cut it
3. Pull the gear shift knob out
4. Separate the gear shift gaiter from knob removing the plastic ring using a flat blade screwdriver
5. Remove the gaiter from the plastic frame
6. Replace the old gaiter with a new one
7. Put the new gaiter back on the knob and then install the plastic ring back
8. Install the gear shift knob on the lever and press it hard on the lever
9. Tighten the metalic ring using pincers
You can replace the metalic ring with a small stainless steel hose clamp.
10. Install the new gaiter on the plastic part
11. Replace the gear shift cover using a small flat blade screwdriver.
See More Products for VW Golf 4, Mk4, Bora, Jetta HERE:
– 12-Piece Magnetic Torx Screwdrivers Set, Security Tamper Proof: https://amzn.to/36xs4T8
– Actuator Door Lock Module from HERE: https://amzn.to/3cjNi95
– Window Panel Switch for VW Golf Mk4 (2-door model): https://amzn.to/3buq1kM
– 5 Speed Manual Gear Shifter Knob for VW MK4 GOLF/Jetta/Bora: https://amzn.to/2XPq2f1
– Cool White Interior LED Kit + Installation for Volkswagen Golf Mk4: https://amzn.to/2XOeZmg
– Sequential LED Side Indicator for VW Golf MK4/Jetta/Bora: https://amzn.to/2RUzBp7
– Front Headlight Eyelids for VW Golf 4 Golf4 MK4 1997-2003: https://amzn.to/2Y9Zk0r
HERE you can find All-Included Pre-Built Bundles HELIOS is 100% plug and play on almost every car: https://bit.ly/2X27W8H
Get the best car wax sprays, ceramic coatings and DIY car detailing products – manufactured in the USA by professional detailers for car enthusiasts and everyday drivers alike. These easy to use detailing products will give your vehicle the same high gloss shine and lasting top coat protection at a fraction of the price: https://bit.ly/3ecVWHg
Everyone at Wurzel Performance prides themselves in the quality of the products and services they provide: https://bit.ly/2TBLIZ2
Here you can find LED Indicator Lights and Brake Turn Signal Lights for you car: https://bit.ly/3c4nJIq
If you enjoyed this video tutorial, make sure to give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends.
Also, don’t forget to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE!
If you have any suggestions about new tutorials, let us know in the comments section!
See also the other VIDEO TUTORIALS for VW Golf Mk4:
How to remove VW Golf Mk4 ashtray in 5 steps!
How to remove VW Golf Mk5, Jetta ashtray (cigarette lighter) in 4 steps!
5 simple steps to remove passenger’s door panel VW Golf Mk4!
How to find PAINT CODE on a VW Golf Mk4 in just 10 seconds!
How to remove / replace headlight switch on a VW Golf Mk4!