In this video we are going to show you how to remove the blower motor fan resistor or the control module with (fully) automatic climate control on VW Golf Mk4, GTI, Jetta, Bora in 3 simple steps. But first, you have to know that the blower motor will not run at maximum speed if the resistor pack is going bad. To understand, you hve to understand that the blower motor is working in conjuction with the resistor to circulate air through the HVAC system. If you here noise from the blower motor when is working, than you have to replace the blower motor and not the resistor.
HERE you can find blower motor regulator resistor for VW Golf Mk4, Jetta, Bora, Audi A4, TT: https://amzn.to/39TUxp9
So, to remove the resistor or blower motor fan control module, you have to remove first the front center console and then the glove box (see the video tutorials!). Disconnect the negative terminal from the battery, then…
– a Phillips screwdriver
With the glove box removed you can see the blower motor resistor. It’s located right where the arrow shows.
1. Disconnect the harness from the blower motor resistor
2. Remove the Philips head screw
3. Remove the blower motor control module from the HVAC box.
If you want to buy a second-hand unit, the resistor can be identified by the OEM part number (1J0907521).
You can also call a VW dealership with your VIN number, and they can tell you the OEM part number.
See More Products for VW Golf 4, Mk4, Bora, Jetta HERE:
– 12-Piece Magnetic Torx Screwdrivers Set, Security Tamper Proof: https://amzn.to/36xs4T8
– Actuator Door Lock Module from HERE: https://amzn.to/3cjNi95
– Window Panel Switch for VW Golf Mk4 (2-door model): https://amzn.to/3buq1kM
– 5 Speed Manual Gear Shifter Knob for VW MK4 GOLF/Jetta/Bora: https://amzn.to/2XPq2f1
– Cool White Interior LED Kit + Installation for Volkswagen Golf Mk4: https://amzn.to/2XOeZmg
– Sequential LED Side Indicator for VW Golf MK4/Jetta/Bora: https://amzn.to/2RUzBp7
– Front Headlight Eyelids for VW Golf 4 Golf4 MK4 1997-2003: https://amzn.to/2Y9Zk0r
HERE you can find All-Included Pre-Built Bundles HELIOS is 100% plug and play on almost every car: https://bit.ly/2X27W8H
Get the best car wax sprays, ceramic coatings and DIY car detailing products – manufactured in the USA by professional detailers for car enthusiasts and everyday drivers alike. These easy to use detailing products will give your vehicle the same high gloss shine and lasting top coat protection at a fraction of the price: https://bit.ly/3ecVWHg
Everyone at Wurzel Performance prides themselves in the quality of the products and services they provide: https://bit.ly/2TBLIZ2
Here you can find LED Indicator Lights and Brake Turn Signal Lights for you car: https://bit.ly/3c4nJIq
If you enjoyed this video tutorial, make sure to give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends.
Also, don’t forget to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE!
If you have any suggestions about new tutorials, let us know in the comments section!
See also the other VIDEO TUTORIALS for VW Golf Mk4: