TUTORIAL: How to remove the lock tumbler (boot lock cylinder) on VW Golf Mk4 in just 6 simple steps
For those owners of VW Golf Mk4 who decided to replace / remove the lock tumbler or boot lock cylinder, this is how you have to do it.
HERE you can find Trunk Actuator Replacement for VW Golf MK4 Wagon: https://amzn.to/3ajcGtT or HERE: https://bit.ly/3wRBQfO
HERE you can find Tailgate Lock Handle for Volkswagen VW Polo MK3 Golf MK4: https://bit.ly/2QnsXcV
– flat blade screwdriver: https://amzn.to/3thkKWs
– Philips screwdriver: https://amzn.to/3thkKWs
– ratchet and a T20 Torx (you can find 12-Piece Magnetic Torx Screwdrivers Set HERE: https://amzn.to/3s9GceR)
– 11 or 12 mm socket: https://amzn.to/3wUiff8
– hammer: https://amzn.to/2RyFECv
STEP 1: open the trunk and remove those two screws from inside the grab handles
STEP 2: remove the trim panel
STEP 3: disconnect the electrical connector (left side) and the small metal arm that pulls the latch open/shut (right side)
STEP 4: with a T20 Torx remove those three bolts from the boot handle
Use something for not locking the boot.
STEP 5: remove the retaining clip that holds the boot lock in place
Use a flat blade screwdriver and gently pry the clip up.
STEP 6: if it doesn’t come off with a push of a finger, use a hammer and a 11 -12 mm socket to remove the lock tumbler.
See More Products for VW Golf 4, Mk4, Bora, Jetta HERE:
– 12-Piece Magnetic Torx Screwdrivers Set, Security Tamper Proof: https://amzn.to/36xs4T8
– Actuator Door Lock Module from HERE: https://amzn.to/3cjNi95
– Window Panel Switch for VW Golf Mk4 (2-door model): https://amzn.to/3buq1kM
– 5 Speed Manual Gear Shifter Knob for VW MK4 GOLF/Jetta/Bora: https://amzn.to/2XPq2f1
– Cool White Interior LED Kit + Installation for Volkswagen Golf Mk4: https://amzn.to/2XOeZmg
– Sequential LED Side Indicator for VW Golf MK4/Jetta/Bora: https://amzn.to/2RUzBp7
– Front Headlight Eyelids for VW Golf 4 Golf4 MK4 1997-2003: https://amzn.to/2Y9Zk0r
HERE you can find All-Included Pre-Built Bundles HELIOS is 100% plug and play on almost every car: https://bit.ly/2X27W8H
Get the best car wax sprays, ceramic coatings and DIY car detailing products – manufactured in the USA by professional detailers for car enthusiasts and everyday drivers alike. These easy to use detailing products will give your vehicle the same high gloss shine and lasting top coat protection at a fraction of the price: https://bit.ly/3ecVWHg
Everyone at Wurzel Performance prides themselves in the quality of the products and services they provide: https://bit.ly/2TBLIZ2
Here you can find LED Indicator Lights and Brake Turn Signal Lights for you car: https://bit.ly/3c4nJIq
If you enjoyed this video tutorial, make sure to give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends.
If you have any suggestions about new tutorials, let us know in the comments section!
See also the other VIDEO TUTORIALS for VW Golf Mk4:
How to remove VW Golf Mk4 ashtray in 5 steps!
5 simple steps to remove passenger’s door panel VW Golf Mk4!
How to remove / replace headlight switch on a VW Golf Mk4!
How to replace VW, Seat, Audi, Skoda key fob in 11 steps!
How to acces hidden / secret menu in 3 steps!
How to repair door lock cylinder in 3 steps!
How to change cluster display language with VCDS (VAG COM) in 4 steps!