If you have a Renault Scenic 2 or Espace with an electric handbrake fault and you want to find out a way to get it rid of the fault, watch the video tutorial below.
HERE you can find Renault Scenic 2 Accessories at the BEST PRICES: —- https://bit.ly/3yh8QO1
– T20 Torx: https://amzn.to/36xs4T8
– ratchet: https://amzn.to/2XTBW9F
– trim tool: https://amzn.to/3uy4FMd
– flat blade screwdriver: https://amzn.to/3thkKWs
– contact cleaner spray: https://amzn.to/3F0XKRF
1. Remove the panel underneath the handbrake button using a trim tool
2. Remove those T20 Torx bolts
3. Take the handbrake control switch out and disconnect the cables from the back
4. Remove the plastic case from the handbrake button using a flat blade screwdriver
You can take the circuit board out from the handbrake button to see much better the microswitches
5. Check / verify and clean (with a Electronic Contact Cleaner Spray) those 3 microswitches in case if they don’t properly work
6. Install back the circuit board on the handbrake button
7. Install all teh parts back and then install the handbrake button back on the dash
In case you don’t have a problem with microswitches, you can check for:
– brake fluid level in your vehicle (in case it’s empty, fill it up until you reach the maximum fill line)
– electronic module (box) for the parking brake
– the cables from the electronic module (box)
– the handbrake motor relay
– the handbrake motor
Check these video tutorials for Renault Megane HERE:
If you enjoyed this video tutorial, make sure to give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends.
Also, don’t forget to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE!
If you have any suggestions about new tutorials, let us know in the comments section!