In this video tutorial we are going to show you how to find and fix water leaking inside your VW Golf Mk4, Mk5, Mk6, Jetta, Bora, Seat Leon, Ibiza, Skoda Octavia 1, 2, Audi A2, A3, etc. in just few simple steps.
1. First, check the rubber seal around your windshield. To check if you have a leaky windshield, stay in the car and use an air compressor or air nozzle to direct air at the trim around your windshield. If you can see bubbles forming on the outside of the windshield, you have a leak. Or drive your vehicle to an automatic car wash. If you see water dripping inside, you know that you have a problem with your windshield
2. Check the rubber door seals around the doorframe and the perimeter of the door itself. Many times and in older cars the rubber door seals have cracked with age or that a hole has worn through from use. So, water can dripping down the inside of the windows when it rains or when you wash your car. Replace the rubber seals with new ones or you can replace it with ones in good condition from used cars.
3. Chech all the drain holes from the bottom side of the front and rear doors. Water can get into the doors when it rains, but if the drain holes are plugged up with leaves, dirt, water could accumulate in there and then it will reach into your car, under the carpet. You can use a flat blade screw driver or similar tool to clear the drain holes from the doors.
4. Check the seal from the window regulator panel and the door. If the water is leaking from the window regulator panel, where is a foam seal. To see exactly where is the foam seal, we are going to remove the panel from the door. Now, you can see the foam seal that is all around the panel and you can apply some silicon sealer all around the panel and then refit the door card back.
5. Check the cowl vent grille from the bottom side of your windshield. If it’s broken or the rubber seal is in bad condition, you have to replace it with a new one or an used part but in good condition.
6. Check the pollen filter cover. Open the bonnet and remove those 4 screws using a Phillips screwdriver. Then take the cover out and see if the pollen filter cover is cracked. So, if it’s cracked, the water can reach into the car through the filter and down through the fan housing behind the glove box soaking the passenger footwell. If you can see, ours is in very bad condition and we have to replace it.
7. Check the drain holes beneath the cowl vent grille. After you removed the pollen filter cover, you can see a hole on the right side (there’s another one on the left side). That hole (on the left and right side) usually can be blocked with dead leaves or dirt and you have to unblock it using a flat blade screwdriver or a similar tool.
8. If you car has a sunroof, check the drain tubes for the sunroof tray. It has 4 drain holes in it, one in each corner. Each of the four drain holes is connected to a tube that runs through the front pillars and rear pillars and end at a rubber nipple gromit wich is located near the hinges of front doors. It is common for the nipple to stick closed and not drain the water out of the tube because of the dirt or dead leaves. When this occurs, the water backs up into the sunroof tray and overflows into the car. So, squeeze the nipples to drain the tubes or cut the end of it. If one of the tubes is clogged, pour some hot soapy water into the sunroof tray to flush each of the tubes out. Do this until the water flows out clearly and easily through the rubber nipple gromit.
See More Products for VW Golf 4, Mk4, Bora, Jetta HERE:
– 12-Piece Magnetic Torx Screwdrivers Set, Security Tamper Proof: https://amzn.to/36xs4T8
– Actuator Door Lock Module from HERE: https://amzn.to/3cjNi95
– Window Panel Switch for VW Golf Mk4 (2-door model): https://amzn.to/3buq1kM
– 5 Speed Manual Gear Shifter Knob for VW MK4 GOLF/Jetta/Bora: https://amzn.to/2XPq2f1
– Cool White Interior LED Kit + Installation for Volkswagen Golf Mk4: https://amzn.to/2XOeZmg
– Sequential LED Side Indicator for VW Golf MK4/Jetta/Bora: https://amzn.to/2RUzBp7
– Front Headlight Eyelids for VW Golf 4 Golf4 MK4 1997-2003: https://amzn.to/2Y9Zk0r
HERE you can find All-Included Pre-Built Bundles HELIOS is 100% plug and play on almost every car: https://bit.ly/2X27W8H
Get the best car wax sprays, ceramic coatings and DIY car detailing products – manufactured in the USA by professional detailers for car enthusiasts and everyday drivers alike. These easy to use detailing products will give your vehicle the same high gloss shine and lasting top coat protection at a fraction of the price: https://bit.ly/3ecVWHg
Everyone at Wurzel Performance prides themselves in the quality of the products and services they provide: https://bit.ly/2TBLIZ2
Here you can find LED Indicator Lights and Brake Turn Signal Lights for you car: https://bit.ly/3c4nJIq
If you enjoyed this video tutorial, make sure to give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends.
If you have any suggestions about new tutorials, let us know in the comments section!
See also the other VIDEO TUTORIALS for VW Golf Mk4: