Do you need to replace the battery on your 2008 – 2011 Ford Focus Mk2 but you don’t know where to start? This video tutorial shows you how to do it in just six simple steps!
– a 10 mm socket
– a ratchet
– a flat blade screwdriver
– a 10 mm wrench
Before you disconnect the battery, make sure you have the security code radio. If you don’t have a record of the radio code, you can use a memory saver devices
wich can maintain settings while the battery is disconnected.
The battery is located in the engine compartment on the left side of the car.
1. Lift the bonnet, release the clips and remove the plastic cover above the battery
2. Remove those two 10 mm nuts from the retaining clamp using a 10 mm socket and a ratchet
3. Release the battery terminals using a 10 mm socket and a 10 mm wrench
Take great care not to allow it to negative terminal to contact the vehicle body or any metal components
4. Unclip the cables from the front section of the battery box
5. Remove the front section of the battery box
6. Remove the battery and replace it with the new one.
Check these VIDEO TUTORIALS for Ford Focus: