In this video tutorial we are going to show you how to install white LED under side mirror puddle lights on VW Golf 6 Mk6, Jetta in 25 simple steps.
– M8 triple square bit or Torx T40 and a T25 torx
– VCDS dyagnose
– trim tool
– solder and gun
– flat blade screwdriver
– shrink tubing
– heat gun
Before you start installing it, first you have to buy and connect two (red) VW repair wires (000979018E) to the mirror puddle lights.
One of the wires has to be 100 meter long and the other one 20 cm.
1. Remove the glass mirror using both hands
2. Disconnect the cables from the mirror glass
3. Remove all 5 screws using a T20 Torx
4. Remove the adjuster and the cables
5. Remove the mirror cover from the clips
6. Remove the black part
7. Remove the black cover from the lower side of the mirror
Then you have to drill a hole in the lower mirror cap.
8. Disconnect the cables
9. Remove the door panel (see video tutorial on www.servicetutorials.com) and disconnect the cables from the tweeter
10. Remove the tweeter
11. Remove the mirror bolt using a M8 triple square bit or a T40 Torx
12. Remove the wing mirror arm
13. Take the long wire (repair wire) from the puddle light and route it along the small connector with red lock
14. Remove the small connector with the red lock and take the housing out
15. Insert the long wire (repair wire) from the puddle light into slot 10
16. Install the wing mirror arm
17. Put the screw back
18. Connect the mirror signal wires and install the mirror lower housing
19. Use silicone to seal the puddle light to the lower mirror cap
20. The other wire from the puddle light solder to the heating wire (“minus”)
Cover the wires in shrink tubing.
21. Install the power mirror motor
22. Install all the mirror parts
23. Connect the wires to the mirror glass and install it
24. Install the tweeter and door panel
25. Use a VCDS (VAG COM) dyagnose to activate “Ambient Mirror Illumination installed” function using these next steps:
For the left side mirror: Select Control Module / 42-Door Elect, Driver / Coding-07 / Coding Helper / Byte 2 and select “Ambient Mirror Illumination installed” / Exit / Do it! / Ok / Close Controller, Go Back – 06
For the right side mirror: Select Control Module / 52-Door Elect, Pass. / Coding-07 / Coding Helper / Byte 2 and select “Ambient Mirror Illumination installed” / Exit / Do it! / Ok / Close Controller, Go Back – 06 / Go Back / Exit.
See also these VIDEO TUTORIALS for Volkswagen: