In this video tutorial we are going to show you how to remove armrest on VW Golf Mk5, Jetta, Rabbit in just 12 simple steps.
Before you start removing the armrest, first you have to remove the center console.
– a ratchet
– a T20 Torx
– a flat blade screwdriver
1. Open the cup holder and remove those 2 screws from inside
2. Pry the cup holder out
3. Remove the plastic cover from the armrest
Be careful not brake the
4. Remove those two T20 Torx screws
5. Remove the two T20 screws from both sides
6. Open the armrest and remove the plastic cover from inside
7. Remove the T20 screw
8. Remove the plastic cover from the armrest
9. Remove the next seven screws:
In our case, some screws are missing.
10. Remove the cover from the handbrake and remove the T20 screw
11. Once you have removed the center console, you can remove the final screw
12. Remove the armrest.
See also these VIDEO TUTORIALS for VW Golf Mk5: