In this video tutorial we are going to show you how to remove interior rear view mirror (with rain sensor) on VW Golf Mk5, Jetta, Passat in 7 simple steps.
– A special wire to cut silicon glass
1. Split that plastic cover in half
2. Remove the mirror sliding it down
3. Disconnect the cable
4. Remove the plastic cover
5. Disconnect the cables
6. Remove the plastic covers from the cables
You can use a tool aid windshield cut-out wire
7. Put the cut-out wire between the windshield and the rain sensor and cut it.
See also these VIDEO TUTORIALS for VW: