Here is a video tutorial on how to replace / change key fob (key case) on VW, Skoda, Seat, Audi models in 11 simple steps.
– A Phillips screwdriver
– A sharp tool
1. Remove the key fob logo using a sharp tool
2. Split in half the key fob
3. Remove the screw using a Phillips screwdriver
4. Split in half the blade case
5. Remove the switch blade
6. Remove the immobilizer chip
7. Split in half the buttons case
8. Remove the battery
9. Remove the circuit board from the old key fob
10. Install the immobilizer chip, the battery and the circuit board into the new key fob
11. Install all the parts of the new key fob.
See also these VIDEO TUTORIALS for VW Golf Mk4: